The responsibilities of the Analyst will be to complement the current and future strategic technology direction of the firm. Areas of focus include standardizing the firm’s application development environment, providing strategic coordination and tactical governance as well as providing analysis of existing and development of new scalable, stable, flexible, extensible, and maintainable applications.
The Analyst will have demonstrated success working on a variety of applications related projects. She/he will have a good working knowledge of methods and processes and a proven history of effective communication skills at all levels of the organization. The successful candidate will have exceptional interpersonal, technical and communications skills, as well as a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Strong programming capabilities in SQL Server 2012 and above – Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Views, Transactions, Data Flow with strong understanding of SQL databases – querying data, troubleshooting, Indexing etc.
- Strong Problem-Solving skills – dig in to the available SQL Database resources (tables or views) and mine the data required for reports or debug them by identifying data related solutions
- Experience with debugging and Performance Tuning of SQL code, Stored Procedures, Functions and Indexes.
- Build and maintain BI Solutions and dashboards using the Microsoft BI Stack.
- Proficiency in excel with excellent understanding of advanced formulas, pivot tables and writing/editing custom macros in VBA
- Experience with Client Reporting – Developing User friendly reports based on User requirements to meet Client expectations. Should be able to perform Adhoc reporting and exploratory data analysis upon request.
- Expertise in SQL Reporting Services (SSRS/SSIS) and Crystal Reports
- Experience with Legal Management System(s) and DB2 is plus
- Experience with Tableau/Power BI is a plus
- Experience with third party and custom Microsoft .Net (ASP.Net,C# and VB.Net) application development is plus
- Technical experience with various applications commonly used in a legal or professional environment is a plus
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field
- Additional training/certification in relevant area of study is a plus
- Strong drive to accumulate knowledge and an eye to implement this knowledge in day to day activities.
- Must have very good communication skills in terms of Technology as well as Business Communication.
- Should be a team player and should be able to work with and guide peers with strong suggestions and good technical knowledge.
- Responsible for creating, refactoring, validating and deploying custom desktop and web applications
- Engage on projects to refine requirements from an application perspective
- Responsible for installing, customizing, upgrading, testing and deploying third party vendor applications
- Provide second level IT support to user community for various custom and vendor applications
- Assist in the creation of documentation to support current and future applications
- Participate in internal projects as assigned