The Business Development Specialist will leverage his/her research, writing and analytical skills to support the firm in executing business development and marketing initiatives. This position involves working closely with attorneys and other members of the Global Business Development team.
- Identify new business opportunities by staying informed about present and emerging client needs and industry trends;
- Preparing new business pitches, presentations and RFP responses, as well as general litigation and restructuring practice credentials, and serving as the lead business development point person in preparing such materials;
- Actively monitor marketplace developments effecting existing and prospective clients, to quickly identify and react to lead generation opportunities;
- Provide structure and support to cross-selling initiatives, including through internal communications that promote recent successes and other relevant developments;
- Help Partners develop and execute individual practice development plans and contribute to the marketing and BD plans of the practice groups; ensure strategies and tactics are proactively adjusted as market conditions change;
- Maintain pipeline of opportunities; track results of pitches and proposals; provide timely ideas and other support to ensure consistent progress towards achieving BD goals;
- Manage research efforts concerning new business targets, industries, and competitors;
- Secure speaking, sponsorship and writing opportunities; prepare ranking and award submissions.
- Coordinating with lead attorneys to develop strategic approaches;
- Evaluating practice group strengths and conduct research on existing and prospective clients, competitor activity and industry or market trends to aid in the development of marketing plans, pitches, presentations and proposals.
- Preparing target lists containing internal and external metrics.
- Preparing company reports and profiles including background information, advisory relationships and market intelligence utilizing internal and external data sources.
- Monitors and tracks new developments in various industries and geographic regions using internal and external data sources.
- Attending practice group meetings and preparing agendas, materials and minutes in connection with such meetings.
- Assisting media team with league table submissions, award submissions, profile-raising initiatives and reporting deals to preferred outlets.
- Coordinating with Business Development Specialists of other practice areas on cross-selling initiatives.
- Supporting practice groups in connection with directory submissions.
- Liaising with Events and Communications teams on internal and external events, and website content and other practice-specific content, respectively.
5+ years of relevant business development experience, and knowledge of, or experience with, litigation and/or restructuring. Law firm/professional services or marketing experience is highly desirable.
The position requires a high-energy and motivated team player who is also able to work independently as the business development point person for partners engaged in litigation and restructuring work. The individual must be able to adapt to change, balance competing demands, and manage demands outside of traditional business hours.
- Excellent analytical and research skills and the ability to process information from a wide variety of sources.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experience working independently as well as within cross-functional teams in a collaborative, professional environment.
- Strong computer skills with various Microsoft programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Expected to monitor emails outside of normal business hours and be available as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, liberal arts or related field desired.